Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Los Angeles (Day 9): Home again!!!


So finally after nine days of driving, walking, busing, and exploring, I've made it back to my home in Los Angeles. Like always, it's nice to be home after a vacation. Anyway, I thought I would compile a reflective list of the places I went and the things I saw!
  • Portland Oregon:
    • Memorable experience: Rocco's Pizza in the wonderfully eclectic neighborhood of where downtown transitions into residential
    • Like LA: Laid-back residents who can be extremely approachable and friendly!
    • Unlike LA: You can actually see the hills surrounding the city
    • Future visits?: I could see spending a solid week up here.
  • Vancouver, British Columbia
    • Memorable experience: Biking Stanley Park!!!
    • Like LA: Bustling and crazy night-life scene that attracts a young crowd.
    • Unlike LA: You can actually walk to places you'd like to go to.
    • Future visits?: It'd be a great place to spend a summer doing an internship in (not that I could see myself doing an internship ever... :) )
  • Seattle, Washington
    • Memorable experience: Volunteer Park / Capitol Hill
    • Like LA: It's easy to get lost in the tourist traps that lurk in major areas through this city.
    • Unlike LA: Downtown actually meets the Puget sound, creating a beautiful city center right on the waterfront.
    • Future visits?: Again, maybe a week sometime.
  • San Francisco, California
    • Memorable experience: Haight-Ashbury / Golden Gate Park
    • Like LA: Another California city with a "California" reputation, a laid-back artistic community and a large business and professional population.
    • Unlike LA: I can walk around in the summer without getting sweaty.
    • Future visits?: This would be a cool place to maybe work in a hostel during some future summer. Just a random thought
Anyway, thanks for reading all these postings of my road trip. I'll continue to post for the rest of my summer (which comes to a screeching halt this Monday), and then decide whether I want to (or have time for) a personal blog and a professional blog. We'll see!

1 comment:

CNY Kitchen Mama said...

Welcome Home!!!
I noticed NONE of your comments included-- "research how I can move/work here".
LA forever- whoot!