Monday, July 23, 2007

West Coast Road Trip: Day 1 (Driving to Portland)



Total accumulated miles: 955
Today I got off to a great start to my West Coast Road Trip. I was able to wake at 5am and hit the road. I was able to make it through Sacramento by 11am, into Oregon by 3pm, and arriving in Portland around 8pm! (Only 15 hours...) Anyway, nothing interesting on the drive to note except for a stretch of Southern California highway on which I passed approximately 15 tomato trucks apparently making a huge delivery!
Anyway, 955 miles of highway makes it important to have good audio to listen to, and I used the opportunity to catch up on some of the podcasts I subscribe to: NPR's Car Talk, The Bored-Again Christian, and Mosaic.
Anyway, I've now safely arrived in Portland and am staying tonight and tomorrow at a Portland Hostel. So far, it's been cool checking out the neighborhood, meeting other travelers from places like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Belgium! Anyway, tomorrow's schedule is pretty full, but

2 comments:

Faithloris said...

Are you traveling by yourself? Be safe (and have fun)! YIMP :)

CNY Kitchen Mama said...

Love the video!!! Looking forward to your "road trip" stories. Have fun!!