Sunday, July 22, 2007

WCRT: T - 18 hours!!!


My bags are packed. My car has been serviced. I'm ready to go! Tomorrow at "o-dark-thirty", I head out in my amazing Honda Civic into the vastness that is the Pacific Northwest. The major stops include Portland, Vancouver (Canada), Seattle, and San Francisco. I anticipate the entire trip to take approximately 9 days, filled with exploring, relaxing and taking in the amazing beauty that lies in stark contrast to the urban jungle in which I currently live! Luckily, the longest drive is the early in the trip (the first day), which will be the fifteen hour trek from Los Angeles to Portland, OR. However, having google-mapped (which is a surpirsing new verb to enter the English language) the route, it is no longer than the drive from Central NY to Central Iowa, a journey that our family undertook on more than one occasion growing up! Anyway, there will be lots more posts in the upcoming week letting you all know what I'm up to there in the NW!

No comments: