Monday, July 16, 2007

The Jacob Carter Wedding


I am absolutely brilliant. As I prepared for the wedding I was a groomsman in this past Saturday evening, I made absolutely sure I brought my digital camera. Not only this, but I made double sure that I had both batteries fully charged and ready to go for the event. Upon arriving, I pull out my camera (which was with me) with fully charged batteries and take my first shot, only to realize that I had left my memory card in my laptop at home!!! And to think that I'm responsible for the education of 150 kids each year. Yikes!!! Anyway, several friends who did take pictures offered to share them via tagging, a great way to share information online nowadays.
Anyway, the groom and groomsmen arrived at the Skirball Center around 2:30 pm, just to wait even longer for the photographer, who took some amazing shots that I hope to see later on. The ceremony started at 6 and went without a hitch, with a processional of Pachelbel's Canon and a recessional of the Beatles' All You Need is Love, Following the ceremony, we went to a brief cocktail hour and then the reception, during which the wedding party was introduced in the style of The Price Is Right. Yup, that's right. We came running down the stairs leading into the courtyard yelling, screaming, and flailing every which way!
Dinner was fantastic followed by dancing, which was tons of fun, despite my utter ineptitude at it. There was a great turnout from Cochran Middle School. The above photos is a picture of myself and the science dept. chair at school. We had tons of fun and the party didn't really end until around midnight.
It's funny, you'd never think of the little things that go into weddings, like what in the world to do with all the flowers after everything is over. Regardless, we spent the next hour and a half schlepping flowers, water jugs, etc... into two SUVs and my Honda Civic to take back to the bride and groom's hotel. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed myself until around 2:00am, but some things are worth losing sleep over!

1 comment:

CNY Kitchen Mama said...

Looks like a great wedding!!!!

Got any more pics?