Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vancouver, BC (Day 4): Stanley Park....WOW!!!


Bright and early (at 7:30am), I got up excited to explore Vancouver. In preparation for this trip, I determined that the best vehicle from which to see the city would be a bicycle. Luckily, the local merchants know this too, and as a result, there are several places to rent bicycles right in the middle of downtown. For $19.04 in USD, I was able to rent a squeaky, but sturdy mountain bike for the day. Anyway, I quickly rode over to Stanley Park, and proceeded around the peninsula in a counter-clockwise direction (i.e. in the positive direction for you math nerds out there...). The park was absolutely beautiful!!! Beaches, bridges, bike paths, and bark (on lots and lots of trees)...it really felt like stepping into a completely different world. After finishing the park, I biked down to Jericho Beach, and sat and took a wonderful short little nap right in the park. After the nap, I headed east to Granville Street and then over the Granville St. Bridge, and then back to the bike shop. I'll definitely put some of these photos up soon for you to see! Anyway, I'm about to head out for the evening and see what's going on around here shortly. Catch you all later!!!

No comments: