Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Portland (Day 2): A Bookstore for my college buddies!




I may have forgotten to mention this, but Portland is home to what is the most amazing bookstore I've ever been to in my life! Powell's Books has something like 800,000 texts which range greatly in both subject and depth! Browsing through the 9 rooms filled with shelfs, I was quickly reminded how much some of my college buddies would love this bookstore. First of all, Chris, have you ever seen entire sections in a non-university bookstore devoted to such specific topics as those above??? Wow! Second of all, Kent, I can imagine that you'd have such an amazing time exploring the "Purple Room" which is an entire room dedicated to history (click to zoom in and see the detail)!!!

2 comments:

khayward said...

Kyle-
Sounds like an amazing place, I've had numerous people laud its worth and wonder :). I do find it humorous that Chomsky has a whole section devoted to his work. Says something about the leanings of the Pacific Northwest!! I hope your Wednesday's awesome and that you love BC.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.