Wednesday, July 4, 2007

More than meets the eye...


Let me just say how much I love the internet! As some of you may know, one of my goals this summer is to transform my old, dirty garage into a viable music practice space. After searching for a few days on craigslist, I hit the jackpot! A guy out in Century City was installing new hardwood floors in his apartment and thus had approximately 1600 sq. ft. of carpet to get rid of. Needless to say, I am now the proud owner of 1600 sq. ft. of freshly-steamed carpet, which didn't cost me a dime! Coming home, I spend the next 3+ hours cleaning out my garage, making it ready for carpeting! As you can see, this job was a huge undertaking and will continue to be until completion!
Speaking of transforming, I went with some friends to see the new Transformers film that just came out. As someone who spent a great deal of my childhood in the 80s, I had grand recollections of the wonderful action figures and television cartoons that entertained me in my early years. Unfortunately, the new film did little to either entertain me now, or to bring back those fond memories of 1987. The plot was lame, the dialogue was worse, although there were several interesting scenes that took place in several auspicious locations in downtown Los Angeles. Anyway, tomorrow is the 4th of July, and I'm looking forward to a day of celebration at Elysian Park with friends! Have a happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

CNY Kitchen Mama said...

Congrats on your new acquistion!(freshly steamed carpeting)

We saw the BEFORE pic, don't forget to blog the AFTER pic?

Did you get a drummer? AWESOME!
Happy 4th to you, too.

Kyle said...

I don't have a drummer, but I do have some drums (you can't see it, but they're buried in the back).

CNY Kitchen Mama said...

How many instruments can you play at one time? :)