Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wednesday: Session 2

For my final session of NECC 2007, I attended Mathematics Model Classroom with Clickers and Whiteboards. Interestingly, this session was broadcast on Georgia Public Broadcasting, which we had to sign a release form for. He used SmartBoards (which we have at school) and wireless response devices to show us how he used student responses in his classroom.
Honestly, this information was nothing new, and I have myself used this technology in my classroom. What was cool was the fact that he then introduced us to Geometer's Sketchpad, an amazing software program that my kids can use to actually see and envision mathematics. While primarily being used for geometry, I can still see this being used for algebra as well!
Anyway, that's pretty much it for my blogging sessions here at NECC. I promise this blog will get more interesting and less technical for those of you who may be patiently lurking, without any vested interest in educational technology! Thanks so much for all your commenting so far!

No comments: