Sunday, June 24, 2007

Arriving in Atlanta

The following is a true story: I grew up in a household where the news network of choice was CNN. I can recall watching the Persian Gulf War, the OJ Simpson verdict, and Hurricane Andrew coverage all on this network. Being a young individual who didn't care much for news (at all), I grew a general distaste for the network.
Now, over a decade later, I find myself staying in the Hotel of the CNN Center, where all of that wonderful news coverage of my youth was broadcast from!
Anyway, I've safely arrived in Atlanta. By the time we checked in, it was about 10:30 and my colleague Raul and I were starving. Luckily, we were directed to The Landmark Diner, a local 24-hour greasy spoon eatery where our appetites were satiated by some amazing buffalo wings, onion rings, and a fantastic mushroom burger.
Off to sleep now...tomorrow we begin NECC 2007!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safe. :) The Mayan was not the same without your happy smile...we all missed you!!! :( But it all went very well. Thanks for inviting me to read up on your summer adventures and happenings! Hope to see you real soon! :)

CNY Kitchen Mama said...

Yeah, Atlanta is a cool town. I was there several years ago for a CDC conference. Lots of things do and see. Hope you get some time of from your conference to explore a little.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.