Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer 2007

Finally! After 10 longs months of teaching, summer is finally here! As much as I'd like to say that I took my first two days of summer to sleep in, this didn't happen. Yesterday, a good friend of mine, Eric, hosted a barbecue/fund raiser for his summer mission trip to Bali. He, and a team of other from Mosaic, will be serving a group of missionaries who are already in Southeast Asia as they rest and recuperate from their work. The BBQ was tons of fun and they raised almost $2000 for their trip!
Today, I fly off to Atlanta to attend NECC 2007, an educational technology conference. It should be fun and informative. I'm looking forward to spending some time perusing the various forms of ways to implement technology in my classroom next year. Plus, I'm looking forward to seeing the Atlanta Braves lose to the Washington Nationals either Monday or Wednesday, thus allowing the New York Mets to increase their ever widening lead in the NL East.
Anyway, I am starting this blog as a way to keep track of myself this summer. I'd love to hear from any or all of you so feel free to post comments to anything that gets updated here!
Peace

3 comments:

mrmajestic66 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrmajestic66 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrmajestic66 said...

Kyle,

Thank you for sharing, absolutely fantastic page. I love the short video, which is very well done and thought out, a lot of silent movie technique. I hope your summer journey is fun in the deep south and keep me posted on Mosaic.